Life happens! Farmers understands that unexpected overdrafts occur from time to time – Overdraft Coverage can help.
Overdraft Coverage Options
The choice is yours. Consider these ways to cover overdrafts:
|Deposit Overdraft Program1||$10 fee per transfer|
|Overdraft Line of Credit1, 2||Subject to fees + interest|
|Overdraft Privilege||$37 Overdraft Fee per item. Daily fees may apply.|
¹Call us at 877.862.9270, email us at firstname.lastname@example.org, complete the Overdraft Opt-In/Out form online, or come by a branch to sign up or apply for these services.
²Subject to credit approval.
- Deposit Overdraft Program and Overdraft Line of Credit services apply to all transactions and may help prevent overdrafts by automatically transferring funds to your checking account from another account or a line of credit you may have at Farmers National Bank for a fee or finance charge. Please note that overdraft lines of credit are subject to credit approval.
- Overdraft Privilege allows you to overdraw your account up to the disclosed limit for a fee in order to pay a transaction. Even if you are enrolled in the Deposit Overdraft Program or Overdraft Line of Credit, Overdraft Privilege is still available as secondary coverage if the other overdraft source is exhausted.
|Transactions Covered with Overdraft Privilege|
(No action required)
|ACH - Automatic Debits|
|Recurring Debit Card Payments|
|Online Bill Pay Items|
|Internet Banking Transfers|
|Teller Window Transactions|
|Everyday Debit Card Transactions|
If you would like to select Extended Coverage for future transactions you may do so in any of the following ways:
- Call us at 877.862.9270
- Submit the Overdraft Opt-In/Out Form online
- Complete the Overdraft Consent form below and mail to Farmers National Bank of Emlenton, 612 Main Street, P.O. Drawer D, Emlenton, PA 16373
- Stop by one of our convenient locations
*If you choose Extended Coverage, ATM withdrawals and everyday debit card transactions will be included with the transactions listed under Standard CoverageOverdraft Consent Form Overdraft Money Management Tool Overdraft Budgeting Sheet
- You can discontinue the Overdraft Privilege in its entirety by completing the Overdraft Opt-In/Out Form or by contacting us at 877.862.9270
What Else You Should Know
- A link to another account or a line of credit is a less expensive option than an overdraft. A single larger overdraft will result in just one fee, as opposed to multiple smaller overdrafts. Good account management is the best way to avoid overdrafts. Use our mobile banking, Internet banking, and telephone banking services to keep track of your balance. For additional financial education resources, please visit www.mymoney.gov.
- The $37 Overdraft Fee is the same fee amount that is charged if a check is returned as unpaid. If multiple items overdraw your account on the same day, each item will be assessed an appropriate Overdraft Fee or a Return Item Fee of $37. All fees and charges will be included as part of the Overdraft Privilege limit amount. Your account may become overdrawn in excess of the Overdraft Privilege limit amount as a result of a fee.
- If your account balance remains overdrawn for 5 or more consecutive business days, we will charge an additional $5 for each of the consecutive business days the account remains overdrawn.
- There is no limit on the total overdraft fees per day we will charge.
- We generally post items in the following order: 1) credits, 2) ATM and debit card transactions (in the order received), 3) ACH debits (smallest to largest), 4) checks (check number order); however, exceptions will occur. Holds on funds (described below) and the order in which transactions are posted may impact the total amount of Overdraft Fees or Return Item Fees assessed.
- Although under payment system rules, Farmers National Bank may be obligated to pay some unauthorized debit card transactions, Farmers National Bank will not authorize debit card or ATM transactions unless there are available funds (including Overdraft Coverage Options) to cover the transactions and any fee(s).
- Giving us your consent to pay every day debit card and ATM overdrafts may result in you incurring Overdraft Fees for transactions that we would otherwise be required to pay without assessing an Overdraft Fee. However, this would allow us to authorize transactions up to the amount of your Overdraft Privilege limit and may also help you avoid overdrafts in excess of your available funds that could result in suspension of your debit card. If you consent to Extended Coverage on your consumer account, it will remain on your account until you otherwise withdraw it.
- Farmers National Bank authorizes and pays transactions using the available balance in your account. Farmers National Bank may place a hold on deposited funds in accordance with our Deposit Account Agreement and Disclosure, which will reduce the amount in your available balance. The available balance for checks, ACH items, and recurring debit card transactions is comprised of the ledger balance, less any holds on deposited funds and any debit card holds, plus the amount of the Overdraft Privilege limit and any available overdraft protection. The available balance for ATM and everyday debit card transactions on accounts with Standard Coverage is the ledger balance, less any holds on deposited funds and any debit card holds, plus any available overdraft protection, but does NOT include the Overdraft Privilege Limit. For accounts with Extended Coverage, the Overdraft Privilege Limit is included in the available balance for authorizing ATM and everyday debit card transactions.
- Please be aware that if you have given us your consent for Extended Coverage, the Overdraft Privilege amount is included in your available balance provided through online banking, mobile banking or Farmers National Bank’s ATMs. If you have Standard Coverage, the amount of your Overdraft Privilege limit is not included in these balances. Please note that the balances provided through other financial institutions’ ATMs may vary.
- Farmers National Bank will place a hold on your account for any authorized debit card transaction until the transaction settles (usually within two business days) or as permitted by payment system rules. In some cases, the hold may exceed the amount of the transaction. When the hold ends the funds will be added to the available balance in your account. If your account is overdrawn after the held funds are added to the available balance and the transaction is posted to the available balance, an Overdraft Fee may be assessed.
- Except as described in this letter, Farmers National Bank will not pay items if your account does not contain available funds (including the Overdraft Privilege limit) to cover the item(s) and the amount of any fee(s).
- Farmers National Bank may suspend your debit card if you incur overdrafts in excess of the available balance in your account, including any Overdraft Privilege limit (as described herein). Debit cards on your account will remain suspended until you make sufficient deposits so that your available balance, taking into account any Overdraft Privilege limit, is positive and then you contact us.
- Farmers National Bank may also suspend your debit card if your account is overdrawn more than thirty-two (32) consecutive calendar days. Debit cards on your account will remain suspended until you make sufficient deposits so that your account balance is positive.
- We will charge a fee of $10 beginning with the third time that we suspend your Debit Card.
- If your debit card is suspended, you will be unable to use your debit card for purchases or to access your account at the ATM, and if you use your debit card for recurring payments, e.g., utilities, you are responsible to make other arrangements for your recurring debit payment(s).
- Overdraft Privilege limits of up to $600 are available for eligible Personal Checking accounts opened at least 30 days in good standing and up to $1,000 for eligible Business Checking accounts opened at 30 days in good standing.
- Overdraft Privilege is not a line of credit; it is a discretionary overdraft service that can be withdrawn at any time without prior notice.
- Overdraft Privilege may be discontinued if you default on any loan or other obligation to us, your account becomes subject to any legal or administrative order or levy, or if you fail to maintain your account in good standing by not bringing your account to a positive balance within 32 days for a minimum of one business day. You must bring your account balance positive for at least one business day to have Overdraft Privilege reinstated.
- Depositor and each Authorized Signatory will continue to be liable, jointly and severally, for all overdraft and fee amounts, as described in the Deposit Account Agreement and Disclosure. The total (negative) balance, including all fees and charges, is due and payable upon demand.